Safety & Accreditation
We at Whitewater Active pride ourselves on our excellent safety record. Having worked with groups and individuals for 11 years in the outdoor industry we have very few accidents, and those that do happen are recorded and reviewed to make sure that we learn from them.
All activities are risk assessed in writing and risk management practices are put in place to manage them. Your health and safety is our prime consideration and drives everything we do.
We work very closely within National Governing Body qualifications and all our instructors are selected for their qualifications and also their interpersonal skills. Where there are no National Governing Body qualifications available for certain activities it is our policy that our staff hold as a minimum a first aid qualification and another group related National Governing Body qualification. They must also be experienced in that particular sport.
We carry employers Liability (£10,000,000), Public Liability (£5,000,000) and Errors and Omissions Liability (£100,000) Insurance with AIM
For clients under eighteen years old we are licensed by the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority for Watersports, Mountaineering and Trekking and we run to the same standards for over eighteens (where there is no licensing requirement).
All our instructors undergo a stringent training period which includes an enhanced CRB check and also coverage of all risk assessments and company policies.
If you require personal accident insurance or cancellation insurance please go through a third party.
Whilst we agree that all of our activities come under the heading of adventurous activities and do hold an element of risk and also of danger we at Safe and Sound Outdoors/Whitewater Active have endeavoured to minimise these risks in order for you to have an enjoyable session, however accidents can happen without any contributory negligence from Safe and Sound Outdoors/Whitewater Active or its staff. Safe and Sound Outdoors/Whitewater Active can accept no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property or for personal injury not arising as a result of its own act or default.
Participants agree and understand that they take part in these activities at their own risk and have understood the risks involved in all of our activities. They also accept that there is an element of risk involved.
It is the participants responsibility to take part in and understand the safety brief given by their instructor.
- You have signed up for these activities and must not push yourself unnecessarily and only do the activities of which you feel comfortable.
- Listen to your instructors at all times. Remember these people have been employed for their skills and knowledge.
- The instructors decision is final and absolute.
- Please report any injuries to our office so we can record them and continue making these activities as safe as possible.
- All jewellery and valuables are the responsibility of the individual and should ideally be left behind.
- Enjoy yourself
- Anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be able to participate in the activity.